BASELAYER and its affiliates respect your concerns about privacy and your right to control the dissemination and other processing of your personal information. References in this Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) to “BASELAYER”, “we”, “us”, and “our” are references to the entity responsible for the processing of your personal information, which generally is the entity that obtains your personal information.
This Notice applies to the personal information we collect through our websites, mobile applications, social media pages, and offline collection methods that reference this Notice (collectively, the “Service”).
This Notice describes how the Service collects information from you, what types of information it collects, how we may use the personal information, with whom we may share it, the measures we take to safeguard the personal information we obtain, how you may exercise your rights regarding our processing of your personal information, and how you can contact us regarding our privacy practices.
The Service may provide links to other third-party websites and features, or contain third-party cookies, that are not owned or controlled by us. Please review the privacy notices of these third parties to familiarize yourself with their privacy practices.
By using the Service, you acknowledge you have read and understood the terms of this Notice. Please fully review this Notice before you use the Service or submit information to us.
Information BASELAYER Collects
The types of personal information we may collect through the Service include:
- Contact information including name, phone and fax number, email and postal address for you or for others (e.g., principals in your business);
- Information used to create your online account (such as username, password and security question and answer);
- We collect and store the information that you and other users provide when you and they use and interact with the Service (such as your favorite store locations, your vehicles, and other information you provide when using the Service);
- Purchase and customer service history;
- Payment information, including name, billing address, payment card details (i.e., card number, expiration date and security code) and bank account information;
- Location data such as data derived from your IP address, country and zip code;
- Usage data including details on your browser (such as type, version, language); operating system and interface; website from which you are visiting us (referrer URL); webpage(s) you are visiting on our website; date and time of accessing our website and time zone difference; access status/HTTP status code; volume of data transferred; internet protocol (IP) address; and information gathered via cookies;
- Correspondence-related data such as emails, texts, letters, or responses to surveys and questionnaires; information you provide us by phone or live chat; or your feedback on your experience with the Service, or an BASELAYER facility; and
- Other personal information contained in content you submit to us (such as through our “Contact Us” feature, which may include your first name, last name, mobile number, e-mail, your favorite store location, and your message).
Please note that providing personal information to us is voluntary on your part. If you choose not to provide us certain information, we may not be able to offer you certain products and services, and you may not be able to access certain features of the Service.
How BASELAYER Uses Your Information
We do not sell personal information and do not disclose personal information about you except as described here or at the time of collection. We may use the personal information we obtain as follows:
- Provide and administer our products and services;
- Process and fulfill orders and keep you informed about the status of your order;
- Communicate about and administer our products, services, events, programs and promotions (such as by sending alerts, promotional materials, newsletters and other marketing communications);
- Conduct and facilitate surveys, sweepstakes, contests, focus groups and market research initiatives;
- Perform data analytics (such as market research, trend analysis, financial analysis and customer segmentation);
- Provide customer support;
- Process, evaluate and respond to requests, inquiries and applications;
- Create, administer and communicate with you about your account (including any purchases and payments);
- Provide investor services;
- Conduct marketing and sales activities (including generating leads, pursuing marketing prospects, performing market research, determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing campaigns and managing our brand);
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (such as by administering, enhancing, and improving our products and services; developing new products and services; managing our communications and customer relationships; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- Verify your identity and protect against and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality;
- Conduct investigations and comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies and terms; and
- Maintain and enhance the safety and security of our products, services, information resources and employees.
We may anonymize or aggregate personal information and use it for the purposes described above and for other purposes to the extent permitted by applicable law. We may also use personal information for additional purposes that we identify at the time of collection. We will obtain your consent for these additional uses to the extent required by applicable law.
Where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent for the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
The legal basis for BASELAYER processing your personal information as described above will typically be one of the following: (1) your consent; (2) performance of a contract with you or a relevant party; (3) our legitimate business interest; or (4) compliance with our legal obligations.
Tracking & Cookies
Cookies. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a device for record-keeping purposes. Cookies record information about your activities while using the Websites and “remember” you when you return to the Websites. Some cookies remain on your device until you delete them.
Others, like session ID cookies, expire when you close your browser. You may set your device settings to attempt to reject Cookies, but doing so may affect functionality of the websites. Information collected by cookies may include, but is not limited to: your IP address, browser type and language, device type, device identifiers, other device and software information (such as configuration information on your device and other applications), apps you access, search and browsing information, web usage information, referring/exit pages and URLs, other browser history, platform type, number of clicks, landing pages, cookie information, the pages you requested and viewed, the amount of time spent on particular pages and the date and time of each request you make.
Pixels. Pixels (aka web beacons) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that are used to track the online movements of web users. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on a computer’s hard drive, pixels are small graphics that are about the size of the period at the end of the sentence that are embedded invisibly on web pages or in HTML-based emails. We do not control the use of pixels by third-parties.
Unless you disable the Cookies, by using the Service you agree to our use of those Cookies.
Making cookie choices. You can control how your browser handles Cookies received from our websites. You can choose to refuse all cookies, or to be prompted before a cookie is saved to your hard drive, or to only accept Cookies from certain websites that you designate. Information on deleting or controlling Cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. By refusing to accept Cookies from us, you may not be able to use some of the features and functionality available on our website.
Sharing tools. To enhance your experience when using the Service, we sometimes embed content and sharing tools from other third-party sites, such as “like” buttons from social networking sites; these third-party sites may also place and access cookies on your device. BASELAYER does not control the placement or access of these third-party cookies. Please review the privacy policies of these third parties to familiarize yourself with their practices.
We may share your personal information to (internal and external) recipients for the processing purposes described above.
Within BASELAYER: Depending on the categories of personal information and the purposes for which the personal information has been collected, different internal departments within BASELAYER may receive it (for example, our IT department may have access to usage data; our sales departments may have access to account and order data). Moreover, other BASELAYER departments may have access to certain personal information about you on a need to know basis, such as the legal department, the finance department or internal auditing.
Sharing with Other Users. The Service may allow users to connect and communicate with others, such as through a message board. If you use any communication features, other users of the Service may be able to view your profile information and your communications that you post to the Service.
Service Providers. We use third parties to help us operate and improve the Service (e.g., hosting providers, e-commerce service providers and analytics service providers). We may provide these third parties with information we collect and they may collect information from you and about your use of the Service. The processing by these third parties will, unless specifically noted otherwise in this Notice, be governed by a contractual agreement requiring them to process the personal information solely on behalf of BASELAYER when performing the Service, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing financing, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytic services, or providing similar services on behalf of BASELAYER.
Insolvency and Business Transitions. If we ever file for bankruptcy or engage in a business transition such as a merger or joint venture with another company, or if we purchase, sell, or reorganize all or a part of the Service or our business or assets or the business or assets of our affiliates, we may disclose your personal information, including to prospective or actual purchasers in connection with one of these transactions.
Regulators, authorities and other third parties. We may also transfer your personal information to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g. tax authorities), courts, government authorities, and independent external advisors acting as controllers (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.) all in accordance with applicable law.
Your personal information will be retained as long as necessary to provide you with the services and products requested. Once you have terminated the contractual relationship with us and/or you have deleted your Account, we will remove your personal data from our systems and records and/or take steps to properly anonymize it so that you can no longer be identified from it (unless we need or have a right to keep your information to comply with legal or regulatory obligations to which BASELAYER is subject – e.g., taxation purposes – or to meet our legitimate interests).
We may transfer the personal information we collect and may store such information outside the country in which the information was provided. These countries may have different data protection laws than the country in which the information was provided. If we do so, we will take necessary measures to ensure that such transfers are adequately protected as required by applicable data protection law, including Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
European users may opt of receiving targeted advertising by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note that you need to renew this choice on each device and browser you use to access our Services.
We may also work with third parties (such as Facebook and Instagram) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on their platforms. If you prefer not to see customized ads from us, you can usually opt out by changing your account settings or preferences on such platforms.
Modifying or Deleting Your Personal Information
If you have an account with us and would like to update your personal information associated with your account, you may make changes in the “My Profile” or “Settings” portions of the Service. Aside from updates you make, at any time, you may challenge the accuracy or completeness of your personal information in our records. If you successfully demonstrate that your personal information in our records is inaccurate or incomplete, we will update the personal information as required. Where appropriate, we will transmit the updated information to third parties having access to your personal information.
If you would like to cancel your Account, request access or a correction to your personal information (other than corrections you can make in the “My Profile” or “Settings” portions of the Service), please contact us using the “Contact Us” feature within the Service. If you do not want your information accessed or stored as described in this Notice, you should not access, use, or register an Account with the Service.
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with legal requirements where the personal information was obtained, designed to protect against unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, use or disclosure of, or access to, the personal information provided to us through the Service.
Emails from BASELAYER
We send email communications about our services and newsletters to customers and others with prior consent.
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by doing the following:
- To opt out of promotional emails and text messages: Follow the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at help@BASELAYERlabs.com.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
The Service is intended for users over the age of 18 and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us by using the contact information at the end of this Notice, and we will take steps to remove the information and terminate the child’s account.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents specific rights regarding their personal information. You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Please note, we do not provide these access and data portability rights for B2B personal information. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, We will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
- If we disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, we will identify the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
Deletion Request Rights: You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies. We do not provide these deletion rights for B2B personal information. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Access, Data Portability, and Deletion Rights. To exercise the rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request by using the contact information at the end of this Notice.
Other notices for California residents:
- California “Do Not Track” Disclosure. We do not track our customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore generally do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
- WE HAVE NOT “SOLD” PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR PURPOSES OF THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT.
- If you are a resident of California, under 18, and a registered user of our websites, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted by writing to our Data Protection Manager at DataProtectionManager@BASELAYERlabs.com. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
Nevada residents may request that website operators not sell consumer’s “Covered Information” as defined by Nevada law. WE HAVE NOT “SOLD” COVERED INFORMATION FOR PURPOSES OF NEVADA LAW. If you are a Nevada resident that would like to make a further inquiry regarding the selling your Covered Information, please contact DataProtectionManager@BASELAYERlabs.com.
The General Data Protection Regulation Act (GDPR) provides residents of European Union specific rights regarding our processing of your personal data. This section describes your GDPR rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
You also have the right to file a complaint concerning our processing of your personal data with your national (or in some countries, regional) data protection authority. The EU Commission has a list here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
Changes to this Policy
We will occasionally update this Policy, in our sole discretion. When we post changes to this Policy, we will revise the “Last updated date” at the top of this Notice in order to notify you of changes. We recommend that you check the Service from time to time to inform yourself of any changes in this Notice or any of our other policies. If you do not agree to any update, please do not use the Service; by continuing to access or use the Service after a change to this Notice becomes effective, you agree to and accept the revised Notice as of the Notice Effective Date.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions, concerns or complaints regarding your existing account please contact us using the “Contact Us” feature within the Service.
If you have questions, concerns or complaints about our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Office at:
250 Parkway Drive
Suite 150 PMB1008
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Attn: Chief Privacy Officer