One of the best things about getting a new car is that new car smell… One of the worst things though is that smell doesn’t last long, and seems to be almost impossible to get back. Now… we said it was almost impossible. That’s because besides providing you with the top quality option for aftermarket custom fit floor liners available, we also know a thing or two about cars, trucks, and SUV’s. One of those things is how to keep your car smelling like new, and how to get it back to smelling like new if you’ve lost it. Take a second and read through our tips on how to keep your new car smell for as long as you want.
Top 5 Tips For Keeping That New Car Smell
When it comes to keeping your car smelling fresh and new, there are some really simple tips to keep in mind. Follow this list, and you will have a great smelling ride in no time at all.
- No Smoking - Cigarette smoke not only dirties up your windows, but the smell seeps into fabrics. Smoking in your car is a sure fire way to have your ride smelling like a rolling ashtray. Besides just being unhealthy for you, here is one more reason to put down that cigarette, and get on the road to a healthier, better smelling life.
- Keep Your Car Interior Dry - One thing that water and other liquids are great for is keeping you hydrated. One thing they are not great for is keeping your car smelling like the day you bought it. The moisture can get deep into fabrics and cause mold and mildew growth. We’ve all pulled that load out of the washer that's been sitting for a day, and we know you don’t want the inside of your car, truck, or SUV smelling like that for the whole ride. A set of custom fit floor mats from BaseLayer can help with this, as the moisture will not get absorbed when it hits your floor, and is easily cleaned up.
- Hang That Air Freshener - Easily the simplest thing you can do to keep your car fresh is to hang one of those $1.50 air fresheners and spruce the scent up a bit. Obviously you can pick any scent, but there is just something about that New Car scent that seems to be everyone's favorite.
- Vacuum, Vacuum, Vacuum - Even with a set of amazing custom fit floor liners from BaseLayer, you still probably have fabric seats and you certainly have carpet throughout the vehicle. Vacuuming up the debris from your seats and stuff that falls on the floor is step 1 or 1a to getting your car smelling like new again. I know we put this at 4, but this list is not in exact order so…
- Clean Your Floor Mats - Just one more reason to grab your set of custom fit vehicle floor mats from BaseLayer today. Cleaning the gunk off of your floor mats is so much easier with our mats than it is with the fabric mats that came with your vehicle. We’ve already told you how moisture can hurt the smell, and properly cleaning a fabric mat will require some shampooing, and who has the time to properly let them fully dry outside of the vehicle before you put them back in. Just get your set of floor mats from BaseLayer, clean them off with a household degreaser, wipe them down, and throw them back in… It is that simple.
Stay Fresh My Friends
Now that you know the secrets to keeping that new car smell, what’s the first tip you’re going to put into practice? If your answer was not to order your set of custom fit floor liners from BaseLayer then you missed the biggest point of this article… Well, maybe not the biggest, but definitely the one point that we were hoping you would get. Our custom fit floor mats will not hold any of the smells that will work against your new car smell goal, are extremely easy to clean, and look amazing. There really is no reason not to get your set today.